Choosing your wedding colors is one of the most important decisions that go into planning your 2012 wedding. Your entire wedding tone and design centers on what wedding color trends you select: bridesmaid’s dresses, centerpieces, florals and possibly even your Indianapolis-area event venue. Snappening can help you with some of your most important initial wedding design questions. What Indianapolis venues might be right for my wedding design? What wedding planner should I hire to help me organize my big day and help me alleviate stress? What color trends should I select for my wedding? A quick Snappening event venue and wedding planner search can help minimize a few of your big decisions–in a snap!
In our latest blog, we take our quest for wedding knowledge one step further by reaching out to some of
Indy’s own wedding planners. Following Pantone’s recent announcement about their color of the year, Tangerine Tango, we felt it only fitting to ask our own local Indianapolis event planning experts about their advice on hot color trends for any season. See what three of our favorites had to say in this informative (and colorful) post.
Simple Celebrations 2012 Wedding Color Trends Palette Series
Submitted by Brandi Isom, Simple Celebrations Owner and Lead Planner
Palette Series #1: Simple Celebrations
Our first 2012 wedding color combinations comes from our friends at Simple Celebrations. Isom shares her expertise on this year’s wedding seasonal colors and why they will really stand out at any function!
- Spring 2012 Simple Celebrations Wedding Color Palette “Sweet Lilac and Margarita. When you walk into a wedding with light, pastel colors like these, you just feel a a sense of romance as soon as you walk in the room.”
- Summer 2012 Simple Celebrations Wedding Color Palette “Tangerine Tango paired with bright pink. I love fun, bright colors for summer. You can pair these two colors together by themselves or add in others to make a rainbow of colors.”
- Fall 2012 Simple Celebrations Wedding Color Palette “Starfish with last year’s Cedar. These colors present a calm, earthy combination. This would be great for a “green” wedding.”
- Winter 2012 Simple Celebrations Wedding Color Palette “Cockatoo and White. I love doing really light colors to create a romantic, winter wonderland theme. Using Cockatoo for accents only would bring just the right hint of color to a winter wedding.”
Ooh La La Events 2012 Wedding Color Trends Palette Series
Submitted by Lindsay Romack, Ooh La La Events Owner and Lead Planner
Palette Series #2: Ooh La La Events
Our second 2012 wedding color trends palette comes from our friends at Ooh La La Events. Romack gives us her interpretations of the palettes and why they make hot choices for this year’s brides — no matter what the season.
- Spring 2012 Ooh La La Events Wedding Color Palette “Sweet Lilac brings romance and femininity to the timeless yet modern Tradewinds. Sweet Lilac is the perfect color to let us know that warmer, sunnier days are ahead.”
- Summer 2012 Ooh La La Events Wedding Color Palette “Granita, a full-bodied and robust deep red, and Solar Power are the perfect colors for a fiery and playful look. Pairing these colors with touches of Sodalite Blue will balance out the look for a completely classic yet fun event.”
- Fall 2012 Ooh La La Events Wedding Color Palette “Shades of oranges and reds are always popular for fall events. Pairing Tangerine Tango and Driftwood together for fall 2012 events, will give you and updated and modern approach to the classic fall color palette we typically see this time of year.”
- Winter 2012 Ooh La La Events Wedding Color Palette
- “I love nothing more than a classic, formal, winter wedding. Long black evening gowns and black bow ties are the perfect look for this formal, festive time of year. Sliver Cloud is the perfect accessory to black. It helps soften the look, and provides a bit of sparkle to create the most amazing winter wonderland.”
Maraschino Events 2012 Wedding Color Trends Palette Series
Submitted by Elizabeth Lenzi Wertz, Maraschino Events Owner and Lead Planner
Palette Series #3: Maraschino Events
Our third 2012 wedding color trends palette comes from our friend at Maraschino Events. Wertz gives us her interpretations of two dynamic and extensive palettes and why they make great choices for either summer or fall events..
- Summer 2012 Maraschino Events Wedding Color Palette “This cheery color palette brings Sunflower Yellow together with pops of bright Sky Blue and Clementine Orange with more muted tones of Pale Green and Dusky Rose. I love how this color palette can be used to create so many different looks. Combine the yellow, orange, and blue together or as accent colors with white to create a clean, modern look, while the more muted tones can be added in to lend a softer, vintage feel.”
- Fall 2012 Maraschino Events Wedding Color Palette “As a primary color in this palette, Eggplant is rich and warm and provides a great foundation for all kinds of secondary colors. For fall events, eggplant looks amazing with Amber (think lots of candlelight!) and Chocolate Brown. Adding a Light Cool Gray balances out the warm tones.”
One thing is for certain, 2012’s wedding color trends are vibrant, sassy and push the limits of wedding palette combinations. Use any one of these chic wedding color combinations and we promise your wedding will be a huge hit. If you need any other wedding ideas or suggestions feel free to contact any one of our wedding planner pros on Snappening. Simple Celebrations, Oh La La Events and Maraschino Events are just a few of our fabulous event and wedding planners that can help give your wedding that extra kick of beauty.