Event planning can be a large undertaking, but there are ways to make the process easier and fun! Use these five tips to help you find and book your next event venue with ease.
1. Define what you do and don’t want upfront.
Before you start looking for an event venue, it’s best if you have a good idea of what you do and don’t want out of a space.
We recommend making a list of things that you consider absolutely necessary. Ask yourself these questions to help you:
- What kind of atmosphere would you like?
- Do you want a specific type of food, drink, or alcohol available?
- What side of town is preferable?
- Is there a specific type of venue you had in mind?
On the other hand, knowing what you don’t want is just as important as what you do. Think about your deal-breakers when booking a venue and add them to your list.
Want to host a company party? Learn the 12 steps to planning the perfect company party by clicking here.
2. Consider the logistics.
Planning an event requires thinking of every little detail and how all of them fit together. In addition to your do’s and don’ts, think about the logistics of the event, including:
- How many people will be attending the event?
- Do you need to bring in outside food and drink?
- How much space do you need for your event?
- How much time is needed for set-up?
- How long will the event be?
- Do you need to hire staff or find volunteers the day of the event or are those provided by the venue?
- Do you need an on-site coordinator the day of the event?
- Are chairs, tables, and decorations provided or will you need to bring those?
- What is your budget for this event?
Knowing this information before contacting an event venue can help you narrow down your choices. It will also help you…
3. Prepare a list of questions before reaching out to event venues.
A great way to save time for both you and a venue coordinator is to prepare a list of questions you need to be answered before you contact them. Identifying your wants and having detailed information about the size and scope of your event will be a great starting point for determining what questions you need to ask.
Some common questions when booking a venue include:
- Do you require a deposit?
- Do you offer an on-site venue coordinator?
- What catering options do you offer — do we need to pick from a specific list or can we bring our own food?
- What’s your cancellation policy?
- Do you offer convenient parking?
- What kinds of event do you typically host?
Use the answers to these questions to vet venues and help you find the best option.
Planning an engagement party? Here are five tips to get you started.
4. Give yourself enough time to decide.
Depending on what type of event you’re planning, it’s important to know how long in advance you need to book the venue and make your decision. For example, you might have to book a wedding venue a year and a half in advance, but you might be able to book a space for a holiday party with three months to spare.
Either way, the venue choice should be one of the first decisions you make when planning an event. Give yourself enough time to vet, decide, and book the event venue you love — before it’s too late.
5. Use Snappening to find the perfect venue.
Instead of having to take the time to search high and low for an event venue, you can easily get a list of venues that match your specifications with Snappening.
By performing one simple search, Snappening shows you all of the event venues in your area filtered by guest count, venue type, and keywords. Our listings can also detail parking information, preferred partners, venue amenities and more. With a free Snappening account, you can save your searches and come back to them later.
Want to save time when booking a venue? Sign up for a free Snappening account today to streamline your event planning process. With Snappening, it’s events. In a snap!
Looking for Snappening in your city? Let us know and we’ll add your city to our list of expanding coverage area.
Photo Credit: Jessica Strickland Photography // Planner Credit: Mon Amie Events[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
JOIN THE PARTY!