Crisp air, vibrant colors, that oh-so-rustic ambiance—it’s hard not to fall in love with the possibility of a fall wedding when there are so many great fall wedding decor trends! What better season to highlight the natural beauty of your Indianapolis wedding venue? Whether indoors or out, every Indianapolis party venue has its own character and natural charm worth playing up. Lucky for us, fall’s newest wedding décor trends are all about accentuating a venue’s natural assets. This autumn, take your big day from understated beauty to stunning with décor tips customized for some of Indianapolis’ most beloved wedding venues.
This fall’s floral trend? Dahlias. At the height of their season in September, this abundant and relatively inexpensive fall flower option comes in a variety of shapes and sizes—perfect for everything from structured boutonnieres to blossoming centerpieces. Other newcomers to 2017’s fall floral scene include chocolate-brown roses, chocolate-brown cosmos, fern curls and dusty millers.
Floral décor galore is perfect to play up these Indianapolis venues’ natural charm:
- Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center: Use this venue’s downtown location as an excuse to bring nature inside—we’re loving the fern curls trend.
- Indianapolis Marion County Public Library: Line the limestone staircase in the entryway of this Indianapolis landmark building with flowers for a timeless décor statement.
- Blu Falls Arts & Event Center: This Pendleton gem’s outdoor gazebo is the perfect blank canvas for fall floral madness!
Fall In Love With Indiana Fall Foliage
Yet another reason to love autumn in Indianapolis? Fall foliage provides a naturally breathtaking background for a crisp afternoon wedding ceremony or reception! Can you say photo op? Consider a few Indianapolis wedding venues renowned for their autumn beauty.
- The Story Inn: Only an hour’s drive from the North Side, this intimate event venue in the heart of Brown County State Park boasts breathtaking views and a lake for background pictures. Send wedding guests on a scenic drive bursting with fall color!
- Indianapolis Museum of Art: Gardens, colorful leaves and a creek with a red bridge? Sounds like some beautiful wedding photos to us. The small porch overlooking the amphitheater also provides a great view of fall foliage.
- Conner Prairie: Sprawling with color in the fall months, Conner Prairie combines natural beauty and history for an ambiance that’s completely romantic.
- Traders Point Creamery: This family-owned dairy farm provides a truly unique setting for special events of all varieties that can be hosted in one of the three wonderful spaces.
- The Country Club Of Indianapolis: With centuries of expertise, the CCI has perfected the art of playing host to sponsored events throughout the year with its impeccable service and a pleasing ambiance.
- The Hawthornes Golf & Country Club: Providing hassle-free access, an easy planning process and quiet and serene rooms overlooking a lush landscape, The Hawthornes has it all!
- Prairie View Golf Club: Home to one of the finest event facilities in Indiana, Prairie View Golf Club offers a beautiful setting, great food and best in class service.
- Arch at Chatham: Less than one mile from monument circle in downtown Indianapolis, this cozy yet cosmopolitan venue offers unique culinary creations and timeless art, all set in a dramatic, historic building.
Unexpected Décor? Fall Wedding Favors
Play up the natural beauty of your Indianapolis wedding venue by treating the wedding favors as décor. Favors alone can add all the beauty of the season to your big day! A few décor ideas for guests to take home:
- Frosted-leaf glass coasters
- Scented leaf-shaped soaps
- Personalized wine bottle tea-lights
And remember: memorable wedding favors are all about keeping it personal!
Have even more wedding décor ideas as we head into the chillier months? Share with the Snappening community on Facebook or Twitter! For more wedding planning ideas check out our Wedding Designs pinboard on Pinterest! Happy fall planning!
JOIN THE PARTY!