– Consider hiring a wedding coordinator in a salon. Having a wedding coordinator within the salon is a must to help with planning. Decisions can get overwhelming, so this will help you and the salon smooth out the beauty details as they come up!
– Go Mobile. Salon Orange Moon offers a mobile wedding team service that goes directly to the bride’s location of choice –anywhere, you name it. This is becoming a popular trend for brides to be and should be something you consider for your big day! There is usually a mobile fee, so check out your budget.
– Stay Organized. Create a list of each member of the wedding party and what services they’ll need the day of the event. Specify whether they need just hair, or hair and makeup. Up or down? Curly or straight? It allows the salon to plan an appropriate amount of time for you and your girls to complete each individual look.
– Do your Research. Have a picture of your beautiful dress and be sure to look up pictures of potential hairstyles for the big show. Sharing visuals with your stylist shows them what you want to do. It will also help your wedding party look organized and put-together for all those photo-ops!
– Practice Makes Perfect. The bride should schedule a “practice round” with her stylist at least one month prior to the wedding. Usually, this cost is built into the initial package you purchase. This is where your research and pictures will come in handy! We want to be just as prepared on your wedding day as you!
There are a few more steps before you say “I do”, so don’t forget these last-minute musts:
– Be Dirty. No, we don’t mean stay out of the shower… completely. But, don’t wash your hair. I, as well as most hair stylists, prefer unwashed locks. Believe it or not, dirty hair is so much easier to work with! Plus, what is the point in washing hair that will be doused in beauty products anyway? And, don’t forget to wear a button-up shirt, you wouldn’t want to mess your beautiful new “do”!
– Enjoy it. Grab that glass slipper; it’s your turn to be a princess! Let us pamper you. After all, it’s our job!
Interested in a guest blog? Contact us!