- How long have you been planning weddings in this area?
- What distinguishes you from other wedding planners?
- How often are you able to keep your weddings under or within the budget provided?
- Do other people work with you the day of the wedding or do you work alone?
- What is your educational background?
- What professional groups do you belong to?
- What awards or recognition have you received and how did you achieve this?
- What type of network do you possess of vendors and other wedding professionals?
- What services do you offer besides wedding planning/coordination?
- Are you a full-time planner or do you have another job as well?
- What type of trained staff do you use and how long have they been working with you?
- Do you work with interns?
- If using interns, what type of training do you provide and what type of jobs/tasks do they perform?
- When you are working a wedding, how many staff members/interns do you have working?
- How long do you stay at the wedding?
- If you leave a wedding early, who is in charge and what are their credentials?
Lori Solomon of Boldly Chic Events offers some uncommon and thought provoking questions that brides should consider asking during their initial consultation:
- What are the three most important things you will be able to do for me?
- What do you offer that sets you apart from other wedding planners in the area?
- Do you have enough contacts, locally, to be able to find the best price, without sacrificing quality and the look I am trying to achieve?
- Have you ever had an event that presented an unexpected challenge and what did you do?
Sharon believes that it is rare in the event planning industry to not be met with some type of obstacle. “A good event planner has already planned for the unexpected and will know how to overcome the challenge quickly, efficiently and without stressing out during the process.”
You heard it here first! This is insider information provided by a few of the most highly regarded event planners in Indianapolis. Above all else, trust your instinct. If you’re still having difficulty choosing a planner, select the one that makes you feel completely at ease, like a trusted companion. Explore Snappening for the most comprehensive Indianapolis wedding planner search available.