It’s your big day and your friends and family have traveled from across the country – maybe even from across the globe – to support you and your fiancé as you walk down the aisle. What better way to thank them for making the journey and welcome them to The Circle City than with a fun gift bag filled with local goodies?!
In this Snappening post, we’re talking about wedding welcome bags! Wedding welcome bags are typically given to out-of-town guests as they check-in at the front desk or placed in their room prior to their arrival by the hotel staff.
Now, what to fill your welcome bag with? We suggest choosing items that will be useful to your guests during their stay, reflect the couple’s personality and/or are native to Indy. Here are some ideas to consider
• Yummy caramels and fine chocolates from Abbott’s Also Candy Shop
• A custom bag or tin of Just Pop in! popcorn
• A customized bottle (or two) of water to refresh guests after their travels
• Gum or mints
• A bar of one of Curat Clean’s handmade soaps
• A disposable camera
• A bottle of Indiana Vodka, made in Indianapolis, this vodka is distilled six times for maximum flavor and smoothness
• A jar of Hoosier Momma Bloody Mary Mix, made is Brownsburg, Ind., this tasty mix is an all-natural, vegan and gluten-free.
• A personalized note thanking guests for coming to your wedding
• An itinerary outlining wedding-related activities
• A map of Indianapolis
Now, what kind of bag will you put the items in?
How about a custom printed tote bag? You can have these done at The Teeki Hut in Broad Ripple or another custom print shop here in the city.
Or if you’d like to go a less expensive route, you can always opt for paper gift bags found at a variety of stores, think Target, Wal-Mart, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
No matter what you fill them with, your guests will appreciate being recognized for their travels!
Have you given wedding welcome bags to out-of-town guests before? Tell us what you put inside by visiting us on Facebook!