So, whether you want to “wow” them with your wedding or show a little pizzazz at your next private party, a professional event planner might just be where you should start. If you find the right one, you’ll also find that professional event planner ideas are well-researched, well-prepared and more than likely, possible to execute if budgets are discussed before planning. When searching for an event planner service that best matches your needs, Snappening offers a few basic tips to help you find the perfect Indianapolis special event planner:
- Look for an event planner who has a variety of affiliations and credentials. Does the event planner actively participate in their local trade associations such as Meeting Planners International (MPI), the International Special Events Society (ISES) or the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)? Do they have an established history of successfully planned events and leadership positions in their field? Has the planner added professional credentials or designations to their business? Knowing these details might help you differentiate one provider from another.
- Always ask for references and follow up with them. A proven, successful planner will have plenty, and will gladly provide them to you. On Snappening.com, you’ll not only be able to find the perfect event planner for your event, you’ll be able to review user-generated ratings on command, online. In other words, you won’t have to work as hard to get all of the information you need.
- If you’re trying to find a planner that best suits your needs, make sure that you have a rough idea of budget, size of event, and preference for either a full-service “guide you every step of the way” or more passive consultancy. There are a variety of types of event planner services, so determine which one fits your needs to offer the best support and guidance in your decision-making process.
- Cost. A free event planner is hard to find unless you plan on hiring family members or friends. Always make sure that you have the professional planner’s costs determined before hiring. Make sure that the planner’s fees are separate from any vendors’ fees. If they’re not, insist that the fee structure be disclosed so that there are no surprises.
- Perhaps the most important tip we can provide is making sure that the planner you hire is somebody who listens, respects your wishes and is willing to give you undivided attention. You will be spending a lot of time with your planner, and if you’re miserable along the way, you’ll regret your decision.
The DIY Decision: Should I hire a professional event planner or tackle it myself?
One of the hardest decisions for most people is whether or not they can afford or effectively utilize an event planner or try to tackle the tasks of planning the event themselves. Snappening can help anyone in this situation by offering two useful tools.
Event Planner Search & Event Planner Direct Contact Tool
Not only does Snappening allow you to review multiple event planners in one place, but you can also make contact with them simultaneously. This will allow you to engage several event planners in conversations quickly and easily at once to help you make your decision. Simply create your own account and begin the search for the perfect Bloomington event planner. Complete with detailed information and photos, and even reviews, Snappening literally puts everything you need, at your fingertips!
Venue Search & Venue Direct Contact Tool
The second tool allows you to review and contact venues directly in a similar fashion. This tool also allows you to engage several venues in conversations quickly and easily in order to help you make a decision more readily.
Utilizing both of these tools simultaneously may help you reach a conclusion about engaging a professional event planner early in your planning process after you can determine what might be involved with securing your venue and what event planning steps remain for your specific event.
And…Don’t forget the Personal Planning Dashboard
Plus, with your own dashboard of tools including a functional calendar to keep track of dates and deadlines, and event document storage as well as photo upload capabilities—planning your event has never been easier, whether you do it yourself, or seek professional assistance.
You too can get started
by being your own online event planner on snappening.com – the new, quick and easy yet comprehensive event planning website. For weddings, private parties, special occasions and corporate events, plan with Snappening – Event Planning, in a Snap!